6 Days Tour
FROM ATHENS AIRPORT
FROM KALAMATA AIRPORT
- Arrival in Kalamata Airport
- Transfer to your hotel
- Free time to explore the beauty of our city
- Guided Tour in the Historical Center
This tour gives us the opportunity to throw a glance at the history of the city from the Byzantine period until today and includes:
- The Old Castle where Princess Isabeau lived
- A Byzantine church at the base of the castle (inside a cave)
- The hospital of 1821
- The Saint George’s church, built in Venetian period
- The Monastery of Nuns that used to be famous for its silk scarves
- The Byzantine church Saint Konstantine and Helen
- The old Mansion of Korfiotakis family, which was a house-headquarters of last leader of Ottoman era
- Frangolimnas, an area where took place the qualifying matches for the Olympic Games of 1896
- The Byzantine church Saint Charalambos, one of the oldest cemeteries.
- The Old Mansion of Kyriakou Family (Historical-Folk Museum)
- Benakis family mansion
- Byzantine church St. Apostles, the most important landmark of the city
- The Archaeological museum
*Note: Our insistence on churches is not because we are extremely religious. Churches are full with evidence which can provide us with irrefutable historical information.
- Includes: Dinner
Full day excursion to Ancient Olympia
The place where the heart of the Olympic Games beats!
- Guided tour, around the archaeological site of Ancient Olympia and the museum.
- Free time.
- Trip to “The old watermill” (next to Kyparissia).
Here you will have the chance to see how flour has been milled for centuries, using locally grown wheat and the power of mountain water.
The water comes down from a tube and with its power turns a huge sprocket. The sprocket is connected with the stone which mills, by mechanical means, the flour. Indeed, since the days of Arcadia bread has been made in the same artisanal method.
Free day in Kalamata For Alternative Activities
A city that combines Sea-Sun and Culture
- Walk across the coast
- Visit Museums (Archaeological and Military)
- Walk in Historical center
- Swimming – Water sports
- Hiking | Sea Kayaking and River activities
- Daily | Sunset cruise
Includes: Breakfast, Dinner
Full day excursion to Diros Cave
5000 meters of subterranean caves boat trip lasting 30 mins and 10 minute walk. One of the most beautiful lake caves in the world.
- Transfer to Diros Cave.
- Walk and boat trip around the Diros caves.
- Lunch in a restaurant, with a breathtaking view, in one of the most beautiful hotels of the region.
- Departure back to Kalamata with a stop in Kardamili.
- Arrival in Kalamata for diner and free time.
See: Day 3
- Free time for Alternative Activities in the morning
- Transfer to Athens or Kalamata Airport
Important Information for 6 Days Tour:
- 5 overnight stays in Kalamata
- Meals: As mentioned for each day
- Services of a professional and licensed guide
- Transportation by luxury A/C bus
- Τour leader
- All taxes
- Entrance fees for archaeological sites and museums
- Entrance fees for Dyros Cave and Boat trip
- The flights to and from your country
- Visa for residents of countries which required
- Extra travel insurance package
- Passengers are covered against injuries while on coaches only.
- Pixida tours reserves the right to change the order of the days.
- The language of the tour is Greek and English. Other languages can be provided on request.