Full Day to Ancient Olympia
The place where the heart of the Olympic Games beats!
Once a week
We pick you up from your hotel and take you to starting point of the “Golden Tour”. The tour begins at 09:00 and we drive slowly through the land once ruled by the ancient Kings Leonidas and Nestor. Through the magnificent landscape of Messinia and Ilia we reach the Ancient Olympia, the birthplace of the Olympic Games. A guided tour, around the archeological site and the museum, is provided by our professional guide.
For those who wish to join us, there is the opportunity to try some home-cooked local delicacies in a wonderful traditional taverna (optional).
After lunch we continue the tour with a visit to the Old Watermill (next to Kyparissia). Here you will have the chance to see how flour has been milled for centuries; indeed, since the days of Arcadia bread has been made in the same artisanal method using locally grown wheat and the power of mountain water.
• 08:15 – 09:00 Pick up service from hotels in Kalamata
•09:00 Departure from Starting point
(Port of Kalamata, in front of Post Office)
• 09:00 – 11:30 Transition to Ancient Olympia (15 minutes break)
• 11:30 – 13:30 Guided tour (Site and museum)
• 13:30 – 15:00 Lunch and free time
• 15:00 – 16:15 Trip to Old Watermill
• 16:15 – 17:30 Old Watermill tour
• 18:30 Arrival in Kalamata
(*): Pick up service for hotels outside of Kalamata can be provided at an extra cost